UNIQLO EUROPE LTD, 1 Kingsway, 6th Floor, London, WC2B 6AN,
By continuing to use the Site, you are agreeing to the terms of this Policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and any applicable laws relating to privacy and data protection including applicable legislation implementing the Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC (the “Privacy Laws”), UNIQLO EUROPE LTD (“We”) are the data controllers (as defined in the Act) of the personal data (as defined in the Act) which we collect from you or which you provide to us through the “Site”. We guarantee to comply with the standards, procedures and requirements laid down in the Act to ensure that your personal data is kept secure and processed fairly and lawfully.
What Information do we collect?
You should be aware that this Site is being monitored and may capture information about your visit that will help us improve the quality of our service.
When you apply for a job, request information, send a question or answer, send a resume or otherwise actively send us data on our Site, we collect and process such data including, but not limited to:
- “Personal Information” may comprise: your name, e-mail address, personal address, telephone number, gender, occupation, interests, a password, messages you send to users, and any other data included in a submitted profile or resume;
- Information which you provide when you report a problem with our Site
Mobile (if applicable)
When you download or use apps provided by UNIQLO or its affiliates and, where applicable, have requested or consented to location services, we may receive information about your location and your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device. We may use this information to provide you with location-based services, such as search results, and other personalised content. Most mobile devices allow you to turn off location services.
A Cookie is a small file placed on your computer when you visit a website. We use ‘cookies’ to keep track of your current session to personalise your experience. Cookies also enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- Speed up your searches, and
- Recognise you when you return to our site.
If you apply for a job, you agree that:
- The Personal Information which you provide to us is true, accurate, current and complete in all respects.
- You will notify us immediately of any changes to the Personal Information by contacting us by e-mail UMCEurope@fastretailing.com.
- You agree not to impersonate any other person or entity or to use a false name or a name that you are not authorised to use.
- You will keep your application information secure and not disclose it to any third party.
UNIQLO may give you periodic information if you have agreed to, so you can stay up to date on what we are offering. You can easily opt out at any time you want by sending an e-mail to UMCEurope@fastretailing.com. It takes some time to put opt outs in effect so you may still receive emails from us for several weeks after your request is received.
How does UNIQLO use the information collected?
We will never sell any information about you to anyone. We use your Personal Information to carry out our obligations arising from any relations entered into between you and us and for the specific purpose for which it was volunteered.
We will use your Personal Information and any information provided by you as a job applicant for:
- Contacting the individual concerned and providing information about our operations and employment.
- Job applicant information management including creation of records in the selection process.
- Other uses necessary to employment and recruitment activities.
We will treat all your Personal Information as confidential and will not share your Personal Information with third parties, except in the following circumstances:
(1) Our parent and affiliated companies
(2) Third parties who are contracted to perform our obligation or services or to improve the Sites, such as:
- Business partners
- Suppliers we engage to process data on our behalf
(3) Other cases recognised by law, including:
- When necessary to protect the vital interests of the individual and his consent cannot be obtained.
- When entrusting the whole or partial management of personal information to a third party for the achievement of the previously noted utilization purposes.
- The provision of personal information in the case of a succession of operations such as a merger, etc.
Given that the Internet is a global environment, using it to collect and process personal data necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis.
Your rights on your personal data
You have the right to access the Personal Information that we may hold on you. If you would like to see a copy of any information we have related to you, or you believe the information we hold on you is incorrect, or wish we delete such information, please send a written request to the address shown below.
If you do not wish to receive any communications from UNIQLO or otherwise wish to remove your name and Personal Information from our list, please contact us at UMCEurope@fastretailing.com.
We release your application and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law and in any case, it shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for the purposes above detailed; enforce or apply our Policy, if applicable; or protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection. However, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personal information for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this policy.
Links to websites of Companies within our Group
Certain links within the Site may be to other companies within our Group. We may share your Personal Information with those companies.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your Personal Information, in our possession, may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If a notification is appropriate or required by law, we would endeavor to do so as promptly as possible, and, to the extent we have your e-mail address, we may notify you by e-mail. By using this Site, you consent to our use of e-mail as a means of such notification.
Questions and enquiries related to this policy should be directed to:
Data Protection, UNIQLO EUROPE LTD
Corporate address: 1 Kingsway, 6th Floor, London WC2B 6AN, United Kingdom
© UNIQLO EUROPE LTD 2016
UNIQLO EUROPE LTD
1 Kingsway, 6th Floor, London
WC2B 6AN, UK
Registered in England and Wales No. 4845064
VAT Number – 820605757
LAST UPDATED – 14 December 2016